The tour guides lead you 100 feet into the Orphan Girl Mine to see the original shaft station. It has one of the few exposed veins in North America that can be seen by the…
- Adult Ages 18 - 64
- Senior Ages 65+
- Youth Ages 5 - 17
- Member Must have a valid membership code
See the equipment, touch the rock and hear the stories of miners!
Admission includes Museum entrance for two consecutive days, Underground Tour, and souvenir tag.
This 65 Feet Underground Mine Tour is like no tour you’ve taken before! At the peak of Butte’s mining boom, thousands of men worked in the veins below the city of Butte. The World Museum of Mining’s underground mine tour may be the most realistic you’ll ever experience, providing a glimpse of mining underground.
Children under age 4 are not permitted on the tour.
What to Expect:
- Visitors are fitted with miners’ hard hats and cap lamps. The cap lamps are the only lights underground except for two, which are used to highlight the shaft to the water.
- The mine workings are not ADA compliant and walking 180 feet of entrance ramp is ordinarily required; however, visitors with limited mobility may be accommodated for much of the tour.
- ANY participant has the option to turn around at any time.
What to Bring:
- Closed-toed walking shoes and light jackets are recommended.
- Members must provide proof of membership at check-in.